Drakensberg Book: The Drakensberg Project

11 Jan 2018 19:40 - 11 Jan 2018 19:51 #72624 by Richard Hunt
Richard Hunt created the topic: Drakensberg Books
Hi Guys

I don't know if there is a topic on Drakensberg Books in this forum.
Well I want to share with you about a coffee table book I am busy with at the moment. For a few years now I have had a passion to photograph the Berg and I got an idea to publish a book that has photos and snippets from every area of the Berg. The chapters would be based on the KZN Wildlife areas of which I have included twelve such areas (from Bushmans Nek to Royal Natal) There are some fantastic books out there on the Berg but none of them covers every area of the Berg in such a format. I have now edited a 290 page book as an idea of what I envisage and will over the next couple of months approach some publishers to take things further. On the 19th of this month we will go to Royal Natal to photograph a few scenes for the final photos needed for Chapter Twelve...Royal Natal National Park.
It has been very exciting to pursue this dream of mine. The many times I have had to get out of my sleeping bag well before sunrise, some times in the freezing cold have been totally worth the effort.
Any ideas and suggestions will be most welcome and I will keep you updated on the progress........

The front page (excuse the quality, but taken with a cell phone off the PC screen)

Please login or register to view the image attached to this post.

Last Edit: 11 Jan 2018 19:51 by Richard Hunt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2018 21:41 #72629 by Papa Dragon
Papa Dragon replied to: Drakensberg Books
Awesome Richard.. I hope, and am sure that your book will be a resounding success, knowing the effort that you have put into it, and the quality of your photographs.

All the very best..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More