Looking for semi-chilled people to do the DGT with.

17 Feb 2021 11:37 #76522 by MikeLima
Hi All,

My first post here (or at least I think it is, could've sworn I joined like 10 years ago), so please be gentle - or not, a bit of banter is always good.

So, one of my lifelong goals/dreams is to do the DGT (I'm sure the same applies with many of you).
Trained for it many years ago, just before a nasty incident on escarpment took place, which closed some portions of the berg. Since then life has gotten somewhat in the way. But it's time now.

Wanted to get it done this year (as a 40th celebration), but my main hiking partner damaged his LCL, so to be fair we've pushed it out...probably till next year, ideally May.
Which brings me to my main purpose of this post...anyone keen to join?

Obviously planning this early gives time to get a decent team in order, apart from getting fit enough and fine tuning the planning.

Pretty easy going in terms of planning, I'm not built for speed, so the scenic version is my/our focus...maybe even a rest day slotted in somewhere.
I've been hiking in the berg since highschool (199x), then focussed a bit more on outdoor adventure...then got fat and lazy (lol, not really), and then over the last four/five years have picked the hiking bug up again.

Coffee stops, making the most of swimming holes, talking nonsense and probably walking too slow is the current modus operandi...the slow part will have to change I guess. Did I mention coffee stops!?

Okay so enough of me, shout if you're keen to join in, or at least see if it would work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicolaas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2021 05:29 #76540 by BigArnie
Sounds like my type of traverse, that. Slow and chilled. I'm doing my second traverse this December so I'm out but wishing you all the best of luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicolaas

More
23 Feb 2021 10:00 #76548 by MikeLima
Thank you Arnie, much appreciated! :)

More