Berg Alert 2016

06 Jan 2017 10:09 #70530 by Ranger
Replied by Ranger on topic Berg Alert 2016

ghaznavid wrote: Will post more detail when I get a chance, but there are 4 armed soldiers stationed below the saddle below Starboard Base Camp at Monks Cowl. They are well within Lesotho, and were friendly - mostly wanting to see passports, hiking permits and asking what we were doing.

Will post the story of our not-so-nice encounter with the guy above the Chain Ladders later.

Hi ghaznavid

Please advise if these were SANDF or Lesotho Defense Force soldiers.

We look forward to hearing about your encounter above the chain ladders - please PM me too as we may need further details...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2017 10:14 #70531 by Ranger
Replied by Ranger on topic Berg Alert 2016
Just a reminder guys not to post detailed information about our own security forces operating in the Berg as this undermines the effectiveness and security of their operations. It would however be useful to know what is happening with the officials from Lesotho, especially those operating illegally in South Africa.

More
06 Jan 2017 15:43 #70532 by ghaznavid
Replied by ghaznavid on topic Berg Alert 2016
Lesotho army. I won't post further details online due to compromise of the purpose of the forces.

More
07 Jan 2017 05:28 #70539 by Serious tribe
Replied by Serious tribe on topic Berg Alert 2016
Hi Ghaz Please could you give me the ge co-ords for Starboard Base Camp, I am not familiar with it.

More
09 Jan 2017 08:44 #70566 by daveway
Replied by daveway on topic Berg Alert 2016

Ranger wrote: Just a reminder guys not to post detailed information about our own security forces operating in the Berg as this undermines the effectiveness and security of their operations. It would however be useful to know what is happening with the officials from Lesotho, especially those operating illegally in South Africa.

Also, the SANDF guys aren't a threat to us - they're only up there in an attempt to keep the Lesotho guys in check.

More