Camera Found Near Fingal's Rock - Cobham

13 Jan 2020 09:31 #75595 by JonWells
On a recent hike at Cobham, not far from Fingal's Rock I noticed a weathered camera pouch lying on the ground.  I was rather surprised to see that there was a small digital camera inside the pouch, and quite amazed that it actually turned on.  As I scrolled through a few photos to try and find some clues about the owner, I was absolutely astonished to see that the last pic had been taken on 1 July 2019.  It was pics of a hike in the exact same area, the grass was brown and the hikers were wearing winter clothing.  This camera had been lying in the open for over 6 months, and was still functioning and had a fully charged battery!

There are over 1600 photos stored on the device, some going back to 2011.  There are many photos of trips to the Himalayas, as well as a fairly substantial collection of images of Rock Art.

If anyone might have an idea who this camera belongs to, please let me know!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 13:32 #75596 by swordfish
Post some pictures of the people. When other hikers see them, might recognize someone. 

More
13 Jan 2020 15:43 #75598 by JonWells
I'm a little reluctant to post someones private pictures on a public forum, but yes, on the other hand it may help with locating the owner, so may be justified.  I think I'll wait a few days before considering that route. :thumbsup:

More
13 Jan 2020 20:55 #75600 by Captain
Perhaps post to the Hiking South Africa Facebook page?

More