VE Buffs

09 May 2018 10:47 - 09 May 2018 10:48 #73422 by Papa Dragon
Replied by Papa Dragon on topic VE Buffs
Guys,

A reminder, I still have a few buffs available. If you would like, and didn't order, here's your chance.

Drop me an email on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cheers
Papa D
Last edit: 09 May 2018 10:48 by Papa Dragon. Reason: Atrocious spelling and typos :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruthtbl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2018 09:51 #73561 by Papa Dragon

Papa Dragon wrote: Guys,

A reminder, I still have a few buffs available. If you would like, and didn't order, here's your chance.

Drop me an email on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cheers
Papa D

Bumping this up, there are still 5 of number 1, 1 of number 2, 3 of number 3, 5 each of numbers 4 and 5.

More
24 Jul 2018 19:07 #73724 by marggraffd
Replied by marggraffd on topic VE Buffs
Good evening,

I apologise for posting this on the forum, however, I have run out of other options. 

I placed an order for buffs a couple of months ago but still haven't received them or gotten any response after I had paid (that is from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.). I've sent a few more emails, for updates, but to no avail. Subsequently, I was just wondering whether I could possibly get an update on the situation? 

Thank you so much.

More
25 Jul 2018 06:03 #73726 by Papa Dragon

marggraffd wrote: Good evening,

I apologise for posting this on the forum, however, I have run out of other options. 

I placed an order for buffs a couple of months ago but still haven't received them or gotten any response after I had paid (that is from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.). I've sent a few more emails, for updates, but to no avail. Subsequently, I was just wondering whether I could possibly get an update on the situation? 

Thank you so much.

I apologise for the delay, I have been working out on a farm, and haven't been near a post office for a while.
I am attending a funeral this morning, so will send them off then,
Again, my apologies..
The following user(s) said Thank You: marggraffd

More
30 Jul 2018 08:08 - 30 Jul 2018 08:10 #73744 by intrepid
Replied by intrepid on topic VE Buffs
While some VE buffs have been seen in the Drakensberg, this little buff has been visiting some of the mountains of British Columbia in Canada. In the background is an iconic alpine rock climbing peak. Anyone recognise what peak it is? I wonder if the buff managed to get onto the summit of this peak.....?

Take nothing but litter, leave nothing but a cleaner Drakensberg.

Please login or register to view the image attached to this post.

Last edit: 30 Jul 2018 08:10 by intrepid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonWells, ghaznavid, AdrianT, Redshift3

More
30 Jul 2018 17:35 #73751 by jackson
Replied by jackson on topic VE Buffs
Bugaboo spire?

More
31 Jul 2018 06:42 #73755 by intrepid
Replied by intrepid on topic VE Buffs

jackson wrote: Bugaboo spire?

Bingo! And yes, the buff made it to the top.

Take nothing but litter, leave nothing but a cleaner Drakensberg.

More
31 Jul 2018 07:33 #73756 by jackson
Replied by jackson on topic VE Buffs
Amazing place the Bugaboos! You'll have to post some more pics Intrepid.  We didn't get bugaboo spire, but a few other climbs, when we were there... mostly hid in the tent from the weather for nearly 2 week's! 

More
08 Aug 2018 18:40 #73803 by AdrianT
Replied by AdrianT on topic VE Buffs
I haven't remembered to take any local VE buff snaps, but I have also been sidelined a bit so wasn't out a great deal. But in any case, I got these now in Austria whilst up at Dachstein. My son celebrated his 6 month birthday at some 2700 metres, even taking the gondola up sitting on the roof! I thought the operator was joking, but he was not - 8 people can ride up on the one car. Super trip in general though.

Glacier in shorts, it was cold when the wind blew but 8.6 degrees C out of the wind according to them. And it felt it, considering the valleys were generally between 26 and 38 degrees, mostly above 30 every day:

Inside the ice palace on my throne :)

Selfie near the cable station:

Please login or register to view the images attached to this post.

The following user(s) said Thank You: intrepid, diverian, elinda, Stijn, tonymarshall, GriffBaker

More