Tents

28 Jun 2022 21:00 #77833 by BrianG
Replied by BrianG on topic Tents
Thanks to all for input. I'm tending for either the Wild Country Helm 2 or the WC Trisar. Trisar looks a bit more bomb-proof but the missus likes the 2 door entry option with the Helm 2. Trisar should be warmer too. Will let you know...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2022 13:22 #77849 by ACS
Replied by ACS on topic Tents
I also have a Hilleberg 2 man tent. Cant remember the name but imported it directly years ago. They are the best but not the cheapest. Where did you buy the Nano 3? Does it have 2 bells? How much? I im the market for a 3 man tent.

More
04 Jul 2022 12:25 - 04 Jul 2022 20:16 #77855 by supertramp
Replied by supertramp on topic Tents
Hi ACS. Yeah, they are definitely not the cheapest but ends up being an excellent long term investment. Nigel at Verticalworld.co.za is the go-to person for Hilleberg imports. He sourced mine in 2016 and my friend's 1 man Akto in May of this year. For the Nallo 3 my estimate would be in the region of 15k
Last edit: 04 Jul 2022 20:16 by supertramp.

More
05 Jul 2022 14:32 #77856 by MarkDumbleton
Replied by MarkDumbleton on topic Tents
Another recommendation for Nigel at Vertical World, he organised my Hilleberg Soulo BL for me last year.

More
11 Aug 2022 09:36 #77932 by Wandelaar
Replied by Wandelaar on topic Tents
So, I'm planning on doing a GT end of September. We each carry our own tents. 

Due to the limited time and limited budget, I've jumped the gun and ordered a Lanshan 2 (4 season inner). Last time we attempted the GT I used my old FA Starlight 2 and it worked fine but we didn't really have much in the way of bad weather. This time round I'm REALLY keen to go lighter wherever possible. But right now I'm experiencing a bit of buyers doubt, if net yet remorse. The main thing that I'm worried about the wind. Does anyone here have any practical experience? Is it too much of a risk? 

In retrospect I think  the Hexpeak  would make a great Drakensberg bomb-shelter. But it's above my means at the moment, and our hike is quite close at hand. Might try to sell the LanShan 2 afterwards to upgrade.

More