4 Day Route Option Suggestion

08 Feb 2018 16:31 #72778 by MarleyB
MarleyB created the topic: 4 Day Route Option Suggestion
Hi Guys,

Do anyone have a nice 4 day route suggestion, we would preferably like to over night in the caves and keep to the lower areas of the berg. Three of the people joining on the hike will be completely new to the Berg. We would be hiking over Easter Weekend from the 30th Of March - 2nd Of April.

My friends and I already hiked the route from Injisuthi Camp, Centenary Hut, Judges Pass, Upper Injisuthi Cave, Mafadi Peak, Leslie's Pass, Marble Baths Camp site, over Easter last year.

Your assistance is appreciated.
Kind Regards
Marley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2018 11:40 #72782 by Riaang
Riaang replied to: 4 Day Route Option Suggestion
@MarleyB,

4 days in the lower berg is quite a long time, but you can try Zulu cave to Wondervalley cave from Moncs Cowl area, basically a 3 day hike.
You can also do a lot of the lower berg caves in the Injasuthi area, like LIC, Marble Baths caves, grindstone cave and Wonder Valley cave, although these would already be booked probably.

Why not go to the top of the escarpment? Take 2 days to get to the top, so the newbies will survive the trek. Mnweni area is good for this. 5 star cave night one, ledges cave night 2, Easter cave night 3 and then down Ntonjelana pass on day 4.

Or you can even go up the chain ladders and go from Ifidi cave right around the Mnweni cutback and back. Just depends on the fitness levels of your group.

Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarleyB

More
13 Feb 2018 09:27 #72802 by Viking
Viking replied to: 4 Day Route Option Suggestion
Why not do some Cave hopping in the Cobham area?

“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!”
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarleyB

More
13 Feb 2018 22:51 #72813 by MarleyB
MarleyB replied to: 4 Day Route Option Suggestion
Hi Riaang,
Thank you for the suggestion.
I am definitely looking into this option.:)

More
13 Feb 2018 22:52 #72814 by MarleyB
MarleyB replied to: 4 Day Route Option Suggestion
Hi @viking

What route would you suggest for the cave hopping? I am not familiar with the area.

More