Injisuthi Campsight

29 Oct 2021 15:05 #77258 by Pyro
Injisuthi Campsight was created by Pyro
Hi all
We where planning a trip to the Injisuthi area and base out of the chalets and campsite at Injisuthi. I am unable to make any bookings or get much info except a very vague campsite closed. Can anybody confirm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2021 16:09 #77260 by grae22
Replied by grae22 on topic Injisuthi Campsight
Hi Pyro, who are you dealing with? Injisuthi bookings are done through this website (bookings.kznwildlife.com/) and not with the office on site.

More
29 Oct 2021 21:40 #77261 by Pyro
Replied by Pyro on topic Injisuthi Campsight

Hi Pyro, who are you dealing with? Injisuthi bookings are done through this website (bookings.kznwildlife.com/) and not with the office on site.

bookings.kznwildlife are the ones that told me campsite closed. Was wondering if anyone had further info and confirming I was using correct booking details

More
30 Oct 2021 08:27 #77262 by Richard Hunt
Replied by Richard Hunt on topic Injisuthi Campsight
@Pyro. Phone the camp direct and find out if they are closed or not at 036 431 9000. I was there this last weekend for a hike and someone was camping at the camp site. Out of season, I would just rock up and camp :)

More
03 Nov 2021 12:44 #77272 by hikingle
Replied by hikingle on topic Injisuthi Campsight
Hi ... we were there this past weekend (30 Oct to 1 Nov)  Overnight / Day hikes as well as the campsites all open. Although it was unusually quiet. The road once you enter the park gates is unfortunately getting worse! 

More
03 Nov 2021 15:29 #77273 by stalks372
Replied by stalks372 on topic Injisuthi Campsight
Can a sedan still make the road or is it now too gone? We were thinking about a day hike up Cataract to the contour and return this Friday.

More
03 Nov 2021 16:22 #77274 by hikingle
Replied by hikingle on topic Injisuthi Campsight
@stalks372 Fortunately it hasn't reached that stage yet. So yes, a sedan can make it...slowly and carefully. We went with some family in their BMW and it was painstakingly slow. 
Enjoy your hike...its beautiful with the new green and flowers blooming. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: wildingo, stalks372

More
04 Nov 2021 14:07 #77277 by firephish
Replied by firephish on topic Injisuthi Campsight
Also, just tired to make a booking @injesuthi, only caves show up as available go matter what dates you enter.

will try phone and see what is going on a bit later.

More