Would a mobile version of VE.com be useful to you?

Poll: Would a mobile version of VE.com be useful to you?

Definitely!
8 66.7%
Occasionally
2 16.7%
Nope!
2 16.7%
Total number of voters: 12 ( Dave, GerritHuman, Redshift3, PeterHowells, mayake ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
08 Feb 2011 09:28 #2359 by intrepid
Given the trends for websites to offer a more compact version suited for mobile devices, I've been wondering if this is something at all useful for this community. This would mean a version of this site that is a lot plainer, simpler, with less information - just the raw basics such as blogs and the forums. And it would be sized for mobile devices meaning you don't have to zoom in and out as you currently have to when browsing with Opera Mobile for example. Obviously this would simply be a parallel interface to the current one - the data/information would be linked to both.

This is not something which would be implemented soon, but rather a consideration for longer term upgrade plans. So let me know your comments and feel free to respond on the attached poll.

Take nothing but litter, leave nothing but a cleaner Drakensberg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kbresler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2011 12:54 #2365 by zen101
This would be especially useful to grab the last minute GPX tracks - pass reviews or so from my mobile device(s) which has happened now on more than one occasion and the current implementation is quite frame heavy for most mobile / non smart-phone setups.

/L

More
31 Mar 2016 20:39 #67580 by mayake
Is this issue still topical ?

More
31 Mar 2016 21:51 #67581 by intrepid
Yes very much so. In part, this has been addressed by supporting Tapatalk, so at least the forum part of the site can now be accessed through a mobile app. The entire site will become fully mobile and tablet friendly soon, I was hoping to have this done by the end of March, but some other VE related projects had to take precedence. Things are shaping up very nicely though for this, and the upgrade definitely will happen. The entire site will then adjust itself depending on what device you are using, and would be like an app in many ways, but you will still be using a browser.

Take nothing but litter, leave nothing but a cleaner Drakensberg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kbresler, Macc, eras, mayake

More
02 Apr 2016 08:42 #67587 by mayake
very good news indeed :thumbsup:

More