iPad/iPhone Apps

12 Jun 2012 05:31 #54283 by Boerkie
iPad/iPhone Apps was created by Boerkie
Found some nice Apps:
Weather SA is very good
Snow Watch.com (what we use on VE)
The North Face - Trailhead. Used it opn a hunting trip and was cool to mark and locate your animals once shot.

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2012 11:35 - 12 Jun 2012 11:37 #54291 by HFc
Replied by HFc on topic Re: iPad/iPhone Apps
@ Boerkie, yes I agree on Weathersa. We have also found mountain-forecast.com quite good for short term forecasting in the Berg. I don't think there is an App though, so I just placed a link on the iPhone and iPad desktop.

Speaking of iPad, is there any particular reason why I can't log in to this site via my iPad. It keeps throwing me out. Is it a 'flash' issue, or am I doing something wrong? I'm not the cleverest with these things.

Could ask this question directly to site admin but thought it best to throw it here in the open as others might have an issue as well?

Thanks
Last edit: 12 Jun 2012 11:37 by HFc.

More
12 Jun 2012 12:45 #54293 by Boerkie
Replied by Boerkie on topic Re: iPad/iPhone Apps
I use my iPad for VE. make sure you are on the latest software version. I'm running iOS 5.1.1.

I forgot to mention the coolest app - GO South africa. I used it to look for accomondation in the berg and it is great.

More
12 Jun 2012 14:48 #54295 by HFc
OK, maybe I need to change something on my iPad. I just managed to log in on my iPhone, so Adobe Flash or any such thing is clearly not the problem.

It's an iPad 3 with 5.1.1. I'll report back.

Anyway,sorry if I derailed the thread a bit.

More
13 Jun 2012 06:55 #54307 by plouw
Replied by plouw on topic Re: iPad/iPhone Apps
Downloaded this Blackberry app yesterday. It seems to work just fine to record a path, which can be exported to both .kml and .gpx formats. Haven't tried to navigate with it yet. bb.emacf1.com/gpslogger.html

More
13 Jun 2012 15:57 #54321 by HFc

RRankin wrote: Speaking of iPad, is there any particular reason why I can't log in to this site via my iPad. It keeps throwing me out. Is it a 'flash' issue, or am I doing something wrong? I'm not the cleverest with these things.

Problem solved. Not sure what I did though.....

I did log out from my PC beforehand and synced content. They share cookies etc wirelessly so maybe that was the problem.

More
13 Jun 2012 19:11 #54327 by dunmor
Replied by dunmor on topic Re: iPad/iPhone Apps
I also use my iPad for VE but seem to loose the navigation to the next page at the bottom ie it seems to be hidden by an overlapping page. Has anyone else experienced this. The only way around this I know is to go back to the forums main page and select the page number in the thread.
Can anyone help me with this problem?

More
13 Jun 2012 19:31 #54328 by Boerkie
Replied by Boerkie on topic Re: iPad/iPhone Apps
@dunmor

Seems like we all have that problem and solution. I have reported to chris and he'll look into it.

More
04 Jun 2013 10:29 #57143 by Boerkie
Replied by Boerkie on topic iPad/iPhone Apps
@Chris

Any updates regarding the display issues on iPad? Navigating the site is very unfriendly with the cut-off display. Will be awesome if you can sort this as I would believe that increasingly more people use there iPad's for this.

Thanx

More
04 Jun 2013 10:53 #57149 by Selous
Replied by Selous on topic iPad/iPhone Apps
Hi All

Check out Theodolite and Spyglass for iPhone
Regards
Selous

More