Dehydrated Vegetables

12 Nov 2020 15:17 #76302 by Pathfinder
Hi.
We have struggled to find good quality dehydrated vegetables that does not involve cooking. We were looking for something that we can add to our smash, 2 minute noodles or couscous that would rehydrate very quickly, does not need to be cooked and tastes great. A weekend without veggies is fine but we miss this on longer hikes like the traverse etc.

A fellow hiker recently referred us to the site in the link below. We have tried their broccoli, baby marrow and carrots and it works great. I think that vegetarians would especially like this site. You can also eat these veggies as a snack. If you are looking for some tasty, healthy ingredients to add to your hiking meals at an affordable price - give them a try. :) I initially thought that the 20g packets would be small but on the contrary, they are quite large and contain at least 2 cups of veggies.

foreverfresh.co.za/
Use the Discount Code FRESHSTART to get 20% of your first order if you order before 30 November 2020.

Please login or register to view the image attached to this post.

The following user(s) said Thank You: supertramp, TheRealDave, grae22

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2020 13:59 #76313 by admoss
Replied by admoss on topic Dehydrated Vegetables
Amazing! I have been looking for a reasonably priced supplier locally!

More
17 Nov 2020 09:03 #76314 by Carl Gebhard
Replied by Carl Gebhard on topic Dehydrated Vegetables
Try also The Raw Food Company.
Not exactly the same as mentioned above but minimal cook time (after soaking) and very tasty. Fairly priced, we think. Portions are hearty.
Thai Green Curry is good and Sweet Potato Lentils.

therawfoodcompany.com/

More