Looking for Buddy

01 Nov 2021 08:44 - 03 Nov 2021 15:57 #77268 by Beanie
Looking for Buddy was created by Beanie
Hi everyone! 

I wish to do the mini traverse sometime this month, and looking for a buddy or two for safety and company - would anyone be keen to join? :) You can read a little bit about me on my profile and other than that shoot me a message if you want to spend 5 days in amazing scenery, sleeping in caves and getting blisters! 

Love, Beanie
Last edit: 03 Nov 2021 15:57 by Beanie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2021 17:40 #77275 by Drakie1
Replied by Drakie1 on topic Looking for Buddy
When exactly are you planning to do this?

More
05 Nov 2021 22:15 #77282 by Beanie
Replied by Beanie on topic Looking for Buddy
Pretty open to suggestions but looking at doing it around the 20th. There's another hiker that's keen to go, so in a group of 3 we would definitely maximise on the enjoyment factor :) And could definitely talk dates and figure out when it would suit everybody.

More
06 Nov 2021 08:39 #77283 by Carl Gebhard
Replied by Carl Gebhard on topic Looking for Buddy
Hi Beanie.
So I'm also quite keen. My planned Cockade-Organ Pipes hike for the weekend 19/20/21 Nov has fallen through as parties cancelled.

PM me so we can chat, if you like.
I'm based in Pretoria.

Regards.
Carl

More
06 Nov 2021 16:39 #77285 by Drakie1
Hi Beanie. I would have loved to join you, but this is unfortunately too close to our upcoming Shipwreck hike in Port Alfred.

The Drakensberg will forever be my favorite place to hike. If you need help planning your hike, more specifically the route, you are welcome to contact me.

Enjoy!!

More
07 Nov 2021 21:34 #77289 by Beanie
Hi Carl! That sound's quite lucky for us! I'll drop you a PM with my details to chat. 

More
07 Nov 2021 21:35 #77290 by Beanie
Hi Drakie! Oh man, that's great thanks so much! When is your Shipwreck hike? Maybe the little group that wants to go can swing it to fit to your plans? But any which way, hope you have a great time in Port Alfred. x

More
09 Nov 2021 05:52 #77296 by Drakie1
Hi Beanie. We are leaving for Port Alfred on the 10th of Dec. I guess I won't be able to go to the mountains before next year.
Enjoy every moment and be safe please.

More
12 Nov 2021 21:36 #77304 by Beanie
Hi everyone! 

​​​​​​Quick update: Stuart (another vertical endeavourer) and I are planning on doing a 4 day round route around cathedral Peak starting next week Thu and we would really feel more comfortable if there was a 3rd person!  Anyone keen to take a long weekend off and hit up the Berg with us? The route looks like this: Day 1: up organs pipe/the camel, sleep Roland's cave. Day2: cleft peak, across to Twins cave.Day3: Bell traverse, scramble up cathedral peak, sleep base of cathedral peak (tents). Day4: walk out. Be back at the hotel by lunch time and back in PTA by the evening. 
​​So some real stunning scenery and 2 nice nice caves! 

Hmu if you want to join our merry band of Berg wanderers. 

Xx​

More