Gear Import Tax

16 Jan 2019 15:36 #74550 by vivo101
Gear Import Tax was created by vivo101
Did a quick search and could not find anything in this regard. Does anyone have information on import tax/duties for hiking equipment, specifically hiking packs and bivvies? Secondly does anyone have prior experience with trekinn/runninginn online shop, or any advice on which outdoor online shops to order from.

Thanks In Advance

"To those who are enthralled by mountains, their wonder is beyond all dispute. To those who are not, their allure is a kind of madness." - Mountain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2019 09:18 - 18 Jan 2019 12:13 #74555 by Herman
Replied by Herman on topic Gear Import Tax
On p. 411 of this doc it shows the import duties from different regions for camping equipment. As far as I know this would not include footwear or other random items.
Last edit: 18 Jan 2019 12:13 by Herman. Reason: Fixed page number

More
22 Jan 2019 16:50 #74573 by Colan
Replied by Colan on topic Gear Import Tax
See if you can get what you want via Amazon Global. They calculate shipping (not via SAPO - only courier) together with imports/customs tax and charge you this up front. There are therefore no hidden costs down the line nor worries about your purchases not arriving.

More
22 Jan 2019 16:58 #74574 by vivo101
Replied by vivo101 on topic Gear Import Tax
Got a friend that is going to the states, and will bring the stuff with on his return. Not keen on waiting for it to get eventually get cleared by customs as I need it asap. But thanks for the help, I will keep in mind for next time. 

"To those who are enthralled by mountains, their wonder is beyond all dispute. To those who are not, their allure is a kind of madness." - Mountain

More