Crime alert Groenkloof Nature Reserve

28 Apr 2016 18:38 #68084 by Oubaas
Hi all. Just to make everyone aware of the recent wave of crime to plague the groenkloof nature reserve in Pretoria. I know that many hikers use this as a training ground for berg hikes etc.
Over the past few months there have been numerous muggings and even the attempted rape of a few female hikers. This is definitely not a safe place anymore with the latest muggings reported only yesterday. The reserve does not make anyone aware of the crime and there is no visible policing of any kind whatsoever.
So please be aware of the crime and if anyone does make use of the hiking or cycling facilities then be careful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hikingle, Captain, saros, Dwightmulligan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2016 22:39 #68137 by kbresler
I ran an assessment at Groenkloof this past weekend and was impressed to find 2 Mounted Metro Cops patrolling sections of the reserve.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Kobus Bresler
The following user(s) said Thank You: hikingle, saros, Coeta

More
03 May 2016 20:51 #68179 by Zecrates
That's probably because there was another attack on Saturday morning: rekordeast.co.za/91622/yet-another-attack-at-nature-reserve/

Thankfully it seems the attackers have been apprehended:
rekordeast.co.za/91689/groenkloof-two-nabbed-after-attack-on-women/

More
03 May 2016 21:36 #68181 by Oubaas
That's exactly the reason for the patrolling which in my opinion has come a bit late. It was another very violent attack on two female hikers this past weekend which almost resulted in the death of one

More
05 May 2016 13:46 #68222 by ruthtbl
I believe that there is supposed to be a public discussion happening to discuss Groenkloof at 18:30 on 10 May 2016.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Captain

More