The Pine Tree Project

08 Oct 2019 15:42 #75372 by Drakie1
Replied by Drakie1 on topic The Pine Tree Project
I have been reading this forum for a while now but never got to a point of getting involved. 
I am not as young and energetic as most of you guys (62) but would still like to be involved in the physical part of eradicating pines in the Berg. In this way I get to hike with much more experienced people.
My Drakensberg experience is restricted to a 4 day Mafadi hike, a Sentinel to Tugela weekend, Sentinel to Cathedral Hotel via Organ pipes in April 2018 and then the planning and executing of an unsupported 13 day DGT in May 2019 with two friends. Having done most of the other hikes such as Otter, Fanie Botha, Fish river, Naukluft etc, I can definitely say that finishing the DGT was my ultimate hike.
Can anyone please tell me how to get involved with this worthy action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2019 20:25 - 08 Oct 2019 20:27 #75373 by Papa Dragon
Replied by Papa Dragon on topic The Pine Tree Project

Drakie1 wrote: I have been reading this forum for a while now but never got to a point of getting involved. 
I am not as young and energetic as most of you guys (62) but would still like to be involved in the physical part of eradicating pines in the Berg. In this way I get to hike with much more experienced people.
My Drakensberg experience is restricted to a 4 day Mafadi hike, a Sentinel to Tugela weekend, Sentinel to Cathedral Hotel via Organ pipes in April 2018 and then the planning and executing of an unsupported 13 day DGT in May 2019 with two friends. Having done most of the other hikes such as Otter, Fanie Botha, Fish river, Naukluft etc, I can definitely say that finishing the DGT was my ultimate hike.
Can anyone please tell me how to get involved with this worthy action.

Awesome Drakie, glad that you are keen to get involved. We are a mixed bunch on the pine crew, some ballies like us, and some lighties (+-30s :D) as well.
PM me your cell number, and I'll add you to the Whatsapp groups. We have found this to be the most effective way to communicate..

Also take a look at our brand new Facebook page:
https://web.facebook.com/pinebusters/?view_public_for=104512447604799
Last edit: 08 Oct 2019 20:27 by Papa Dragon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More