Sleeping beauty cave

19 Aug 2019 08:22 #75261 by Roslind123
Hi I'm planning a family hike from Garden castle to sleeping beauty cave and engagement cave and planning to overnight in one of the caves. From other peoples experience is it safe for a family of four to sleep alone in the cave? Any suggestions for a two day hike with kids also welcome thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2019 09:42 #75262 by Dillon
Replied by Dillon on topic Sleeping beauty cave
I've been overnighting in caves with my son since he was 4 years old, he's 9 now. Recently my daughter has started coming with as well, she's 5. Never had any incidents regarding safety. If it's a first time hike for the family, I might suggest going to Pillar Cave rather - same distance as Sleeping Beauty, but it's a much easier walk and, in my opinion, it's a more pleasant cave to stay in. 

More
20 Aug 2019 09:37 - 20 Aug 2019 09:38 #75267 by Roslind123
Replied by Roslind123 on topic Sleeping beauty cave
Thanks Dillon for your reply in fact Pillar cave was what I thought of first but was worried about the steep climb up Rhino peak. We have been hiking as a family my youngest is 8 my oldest 16 so dont mind a little challenge. Wanting to surprise my husband for his birthday so I need to organize everything was just concerned about safety? Would you recommend we use a tent? Hoping to go last weekend of September? Who do I contact to book the cave? 
Last edit: 20 Aug 2019 09:38 by Roslind123.

More
20 Aug 2019 12:09 #75268 by Roslind123
Replied by Roslind123 on topic Sleeping beauty cave
Just phoned to book Pillar cave and its booked for the time I planned fo.r what is pillar cave annex like? Or would you then suggest sleeping beauty?

More