Ledgers Pass

25 Apr 2019 13:54 #74933 by elinda
Replied by elinda on topic Ledgers Pass
"Am I right with the following assumption:
As you hike up towards Mnweni pass, it is on the terrace on the left (i.e. true right) of the Mnweni river
It is before the gully leading to Fangs cave (i.e. before 5 star cave), so it is not opposite Shepherds cave, but say about 400m or so downstream?"

Hi Riaang, yes you are correct - our campsite is where you thought.  I think it is used often by large groups of hikers as the grass was completely flattened when we got there.  A great spot to tent and close to the river!

You will need to go back to Manxome to explore that route..........  (smile)

( Can anyone explain to me how to insert an emoji??)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2019 14:31 #74934 by JonWells

More
25 Apr 2019 16:28 #74937 by elinda
Replied by elinda on topic Ledgers Pass
Aha! Thanks Jonwells

:thumbsup:

:laugh:

More
27 Apr 2019 06:41 #74944 by Serious tribe
Replied by Serious tribe on topic Ledgers Pass
Hi Elinda

So glad that you managed to beat the weather up the pass, it would have ben a shame had it closed out before you could get up and experience the views.  Always nice to see a different view on the berg. 

An amazing pass I am sure you would agree.  And the grass section is quite steep, so although the photos indicate otherwise, when we got there it seemed preferable to go up the rock route.  I would say in snow and ice the rock route might be out, and as long as you had sufficient snow to use, the grass section might be ok.

More