Bannerman Pass

15 Jan 2019 09:34 #74542 by Mountain Goat 007
Replied by Mountain Goat 007 on topic Bannerman Pass
I have done this many times and just pay to over night camp then stay at the old campsite at Giants castle. Obviously no electricity or showers but they have a toilet. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: HikerParsons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2019 13:24 - 10 Jun 2019 07:27 #75059 by Ryan
Replied by Ryan on topic Bannerman Pass
Hi,

We are doing this old route again next weekend. Haven't been out in the berg for a while now so picking the easy options to get warmed up before we tackle something harder again.
I was busy planning and thought I would post a google earth pic to illustrate what happens if you do not cross the Sanqebethu ridge after reaching the top of Bannerman's like Ghaznavid mentions in his pass writeup(we did some extra walking). I used WarrenM's trail run track he posted (thanks Warren) as well as my own from the last time we did it 3 years ago and exported to GoogleEarth - looking at it this way makes it easy to zoom around and pickup where the caves are as well
In the end it actually worked out because we overnighted behind a rock wall on one of the lesotho peaks in heavy wind and snow- if we had been in the valley where we were supposed to be we would have been blown away as some other guys hiking same pass experienced
If anyone wants the kml Google earth file - let me know and I'll post it

Please login or register to view the image attached to this post.

Last edit: 10 Jun 2019 07:27 by JonWells. Reason: Image embedded
The following user(s) said Thank You: HikerParsons

More
12 Jun 2019 10:38 #75068 by Sabine
Replied by Sabine on topic Bannerman Pass
Looks like an interesting variation to a trail I have done too many times already

More