Auditor Pass

27 Jun 2012 16:24 #54541 by ghaznavid
Auditor Pass was created by ghaznavid
Ok, I have just killed my next one for the Berg photo quiz, but the following is the Witness (the non-khulu between Judge and Auditor):

From Bannerman Hut looking at the Courtroom (ie the Judge the Witness and the Auditor, excuse the photo being out of focus - its the only one that shows what I am looking for out of my 500 photos of the Bannerman area) it is clear that once you are through the rock band, its not even a steep walk back to the contour path:

From the top of the Auditor it should be possible to see whether or not there is a way down, but from the photos above I think there is a pass here. Any thoughts or photos that may shed more light on the subject?

Please login or register to view the images attached to this post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2012 17:30 #54542 by Selous
Replied by Selous on topic Re: Auditor Pass
Hi Gaznavid
I am coming down Judges Pass on the 08th of July. I will also be very close on top on Saturday the 7th of July so will try and assess for you. Will also look through my photos and see if I have a clearer picture of that section for you.
Regards
Selous
The following user(s) said Thank You: ghaznavid

More
27 Jun 2012 17:43 #54543 by ghaznavid
Replied by ghaznavid on topic Re: Auditor Pass
Thanks Selous, that would be a great help!

More
27 Jun 2012 18:41 #54544 by Selous
Replied by Selous on topic Re: Auditor Pass
Hi Ghaznavid
I hope that this one helps a little bit more. Similar to your one. Passes (Judges and Corners) still casting some shadows and this was early February at about 9am. Maybe you could show me where you were meaning Auditor Pass would come down. I just was not quite making out where you were meaning.
regards
Selous

Please login or register to view the image attached to this post.

More
27 Jun 2012 19:22 #54545 by ghaznavid
The route on left is one I only noticed now on your photo (although the top of the gully isn't visible in the photo, so more research is required), but the one on the right is the one I think is a real possibility, the gully disappears into the shadow half way down the rock band:

More
28 Jun 2012 08:11 #54547 by BobbyStanton
Replied by BobbyStanton on topic Re: Auditor Pass
I think that central gully (next south of Judges Pass) is impassable. Had a good look at it on a trip down Judges a few years ago. Here is another picture (courtesy of Elinda) but it is not much help.

More
28 Jun 2012 10:11 #54551 by ghaznavid
Thanks for the photo, the Witness is blocking the view of the gully. My plan is to actually walk to the end of the witness and carefully inspect the route down before committing to it, otherwise it will most certainly be Judge Pass and up Auditor Pass some other time, but I do see 2 possible routes still...

More