Snowy camp on the Amphitheatre

07 Dec 2017 18:21 #72465 by alexnail
Hi folks,

A few weeks ago I was camped up on the Amphitheatre when that freak snowfall came. Here's my writeup:

Drakensberg - Winter in Summer

Alex

Please login or register to view the image attached to this post.

The following user(s) said Thank You: diverian, elinda, JonWells, tonymarshall, Grandeur, Captain, Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2017 16:02 #72469 by Riaang
WOW!!!

More
08 Dec 2017 20:23 - 08 Dec 2017 20:26 #72470 by Richard Hunt
@alexnail....awesome photo Alex, you should be proud of it! But those "ramshackle bunch of guys" "hopelessly underprepared" guys did not do too badly. @ janikalheit (instagram) a bunch of great photos..........

Please login or register to view the images attached to this post.

Last edit: 08 Dec 2017 20:26 by Richard Hunt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elinda, Andreas

More
09 Dec 2017 13:58 - 09 Dec 2017 14:02 #72473 by alexnail
Yeah Janik, Hougaard and a couple of the guys were well prepared, others were not (I actually wrote that SOME were hopelessly underprepared)! Ramshackle is a term meant to mean 'hastily put together, mixed, etc etc' it's not suggesting that everyone was under equipped or under prepared.
I often lead trips, if this were my trip and I was responsible legally for these guys then some would have had to stay at the bottom of the mountain. I've made that call before in Scotland, it's the rssponsible thing to do with a bad weather forecast. As it happened the weather was pretty tame so everyone was fine.
Some of the guys like Janik, would have have been fine on their own up there.
Last edit: 09 Dec 2017 14:02 by alexnail.

More