Northern Bushman's Nek Loop

24 Jul 2014 09:55 - 24 Jul 2014 14:01 #61387 by BobbyStanton
Ngwangwane Cave is at the top of Thaba Ngwangwane. You were in Bushman's Cave.
Last edit: 24 Jul 2014 14:01 by intrepid. Reason: Stop making personalised remarks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2014 11:37 #61388 by Viking
Replied by Viking on topic Northern Bushman's Nek Loop

ghaznavid wrote:

Viking wrote: About the return route. If I'm thinking about the right ridge, if you had stayed on that ridge, there is a path leading down to the Painters cave valley and out to the GC trail which might have been easier.

We wanted to find that trail, but never did. The ridge forks near where we turned off, we stuck to the south fork (which is the one that the map shows the trail on). A shame you weren't in the team though, hopefully next time ;)

Makes sense.
A pity indeed! Although I went climbing on Saturday so it wasn't a total waste!

“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!”

More
24 Jul 2014 14:37 #61389 by ghaznavid

BobbyStanton wrote: Ngwangwane Cave is at the top of Thaba Ngwangwane. You were in Bushman's Cave.

Hey Bobby, long time no chat...

According to the map, that peak is Thaba Ngwangwe, not Thaba Ngwangwane. Ngwangwe Cave is the cave near the summit of it. I have been to both and most certainly do know the difference :laugh:

I believe the cave goes under either name, although the map may refer to it as Bushman's Cave (my map is about 2000km from where I am currently sitting). Similarly Slab/Fisherman's/Halfway Cave can acceptably be called by a fair number of names.

More
24 Jul 2014 14:51 #61390 by Viking
Replied by Viking on topic Northern Bushman's Nek Loop

ghaznavid wrote:
(my map is about 2000km from where I am currently sitting).

Is that because you are lost again? Or did you lose your map? :lol: :lol: :lol:

“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!”

More
24 Jul 2014 15:08 - 24 Jul 2014 15:11 #61391 by ghaznavid

Viking wrote: Is that because you are lost again? Or did you lose your map? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Put my map in the mail and posted it to Azerbaijan with a tracking device. It is now 3127km away :laugh:

@people who aren't in on the joke: currently not in SA. I think I'm in Libreville, Lilongwe, Luanda. Something with an L :laugh:
Last edit: 24 Jul 2014 15:11 by ghaznavid.

More