Mind on Manzana

07 Jan 2015 13:15 #62584 by intrepid
Mind on Manzana was created by intrepid

More of Mnweni on Milliot’s Trail

Milliot was a local prophet who lived in the Mnweni in the early 20th century. He was well-known in the area and is still spoken of today. He spent much of his life living in caves and wandered around the Manzana area and surrounds. Manzana is one of the three AmaNgwane wards which together comprise what many hikers simply call "the Mnweni". The commonly hiked trails are in the Mabhulesini and Khokwana areas, and Manzana sees very few visitors.

Read more...

Take nothing but litter, leave nothing but a cleaner Drakensberg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2015 20:03 - 12 Jan 2015 20:12 #62585 by intrepid
Replied by intrepid on topic Mind on Manzana
An edited version of the above article was published in The Witness on 22 December 2014 - some may have seen it. Attached is a digital version of the printed article.

This article emerges from a growing relationship between Vertical Endeavour and the AmaZizi and Mnweni rock art and wilderness groups. VE recognises and highly values the hard work they have done and is proud to support them in what they do.

Take nothing but litter, leave nothing but a cleaner Drakensberg.

Please login or register to view the file attached to this post.

Last edit: 12 Jan 2015 20:12 by intrepid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serious tribe

More
13 Jan 2015 14:49 #62591 by Viking
Replied by Viking on topic Mind on Manzana
Somebody told me there was a berg article in the paper that day and they kept it to show me. When I got the paper from them to read it I soon realised but hey, I know this author!

Nice article Intrepid.

“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!”

More