Injisuthi security

15 Aug 2023 09:40 - 15 Aug 2023 09:45 #78643 by elandman
Replied by elandman on topic Injisuthi security
Hey everyone,

I'm writing to you about a security concern at the Injasuthi cattle grid. There's a group of young boys who have been accosting and threatening vehicles that try to pass through the side gate instead of the neglected cattle grid for a while now. Smaller vehicles or people who are cautious will take the side gate, but 4x4s like me usually just "yolo" over it at speed to avoid the hassle.

My family, myself, and large groups of friends who have been visiting the Injasuthi campsite regularly for the past 12 months have all been victims of rock throwing and/or having our vehicles hit with sticks. This has happened even when we've remained calm and tried to give the boys sweets, which is a long-standing family tradition of ours when traveling in the mountains.

I'm wondering if this is still an issue. A few months ago, Ezemvelo officials told us that they were dealing with the issue with the local elders, but we haven't heard anything since.

If anyone has any updates, please let me know. Thanks!
Last edit: 15 Aug 2023 09:45 by elandman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2023 12:46 - 15 Aug 2023 12:47 #78646 by firephish
Replied by firephish on topic Injisuthi security
saw this sign at reception last time i was there. I normally just wave and carry on driving.

This image is hidden for guests.

Last edit: 15 Aug 2023 12:47 by firephish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeonS, ghaznavid, elandman

More
15 Aug 2023 20:20 - 15 Aug 2023 20:24 #78648 by andrehayward
Replied by andrehayward on topic Injisuthi security
I visited Injisuthi between 5 - 9 August and on arrival the Saturday around 10 am there was no one at the cattle grid and when leaving also around 10 am on the Wednesday also nothing, it might have been too early for them so can't say for sure if they have successfully dealt with the issue but had no issues entering or existing the area.
Last edit: 15 Aug 2023 20:24 by andrehayward. Reason: Fix spelling mistake

More
21 Aug 2023 08:52 #78663 by Carl Gebhard
Replied by Carl Gebhard on topic Injisuthi security
Please note Wayne Evans (chief security officer) mentioned on that poster is no longer working for Ezemvelo and it seems unlikely he will be replaced.

More
21 Aug 2023 15:42 #78670 by Richard Hunt
Replied by Richard Hunt on topic Injisuthi security
We have been there recently and all seems under control now. The cattle grid is broken and vehicles now use the gate next to the grid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeonS, Lana.1

More
06 Nov 2023 13:26 #78784 by elandman
Thank you very much for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated.
My brother-in-law is heading there this weekend. I'll report back on his experience
The following user(s) said Thank You: riaan300

More
08 Jan 2024 18:04 #78847 by elandman
I did say I'd report back. Nothing to report, BiL didnt end up going to Injasuthi.

More
13 Jan 2024 17:40 #78854 by andrehayward
Replied by andrehayward on topic Injisuthi security
Update on the Injisuthi security, traveled there between Christmas and New Years, I had no concerns at the cattle grid. Some of the other hikers and campers mentioned that there was some young boys at the cattle grid no serious concerns they just drove on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeonS, riaan300, Carl Gebhard

More