Langalibalele Pass

30 Jan 2020 12:32 #75645 by ASL
Replied by ASL on topic Langalibalele Pass
..I've arrived at night and pitched a tent at the picnic area! We got up early and were gone before anyone noticed!? 

Not sure I'd recommend it as there is no water nearby but for a pit stop it's ok. I wasn't aware of any 'rules' at the time so no harm no fowl!?
The following user(s) said Thank You: petroengel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2020 13:23 #75649 by Smurfatefrog
Replied by Smurfatefrog on topic Langalibalele Pass

ASL wrote: ..I've arrived at night and pitched a tent at the picnic area! We got up early and were gone before anyone noticed!? 

Not sure I'd recommend it as there is no water nearby but for a pit stop it's ok. I wasn't aware of any 'rules' at the time so no harm no fowl!?

I don't think they have a problem with that. We've arrived a few times at night and the guard has told us to rather camp at the picnic area because it's too dangerous to hike at night (we have always assured him we'd be fine though and hiked)
Last time I arrived at Giants Castle the guard at the gate told me that overnight hiking wasn't allowed there, so I wouldn't always trust them....

You could also call reception beforehand and ask permission to camp in the picnic area

More
30 Jan 2020 15:22 - 30 Jan 2020 15:25 #75650 by diverian
Replied by diverian on topic Langalibalele Pass
On the Geomaps a pink line around the camps, huts etc shows the exclusion area for camping your proposed campsite is definitely within this area.

Please login or register to view the image attached to this post.

Last edit: 30 Jan 2020 15:25 by diverian.

More