The Chain Ladders

28 Oct 2022 10:47 #78087 by Hiker1
Replied by Hiker1 on topic The Chain Ladders
Thank you Tony - much appreciated!
Apologies for not posting under the correct topic - I sometimes find these old-style forums a bit difficult to navigate.

I had seen your posts about the fantastic work you did repairing the chain ladders and hoped that you would respond to my query 

This image is hidden for guests.

Do you perhaps know anything about the repair of the Tugela Gorge chain ladder? It is officially closed but hikers are using it at own risk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2022 11:36 #78091 by tonymarshall
Replied by tonymarshall on topic The Chain Ladders
No problem, that is fine, it's just that these posts fit better into that topic.

Thanks, it was fun doing the repair, and great to do something to benefit the hiking community.

Neil and I were approached to quote to replace the Tugela Gorge chain ladder, and we put quite a lot of work into our quotation, but we have not had a response from EKZNW, the main issue being that the Officer in Charge at RNNP has changed and the new OIC is not the one who requested the quote. 

For now the Tugela Gorge chain ladder is still okay to use at your own risk, it is not likely to fail or collapse suddenly, but take obvious precautions like only one person on the ladder at a time and gentle steps not rough handling on the ladder etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeonS, Hiker1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More