Mnweni Marathon

04 Feb 2019 22:16 #74606 by Papa Dragon
Replied by Papa Dragon on topic Mnweni Marathon

ghaznavid wrote:

Papa Dragon wrote: Is there a difference between ambitious and foolish?

Worst case scenario - you get a day out in the mountains.

Not a bad worst case, just thinkingof the backup!!
Trying to get afamily team to run for a cause...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 08:30 #74619 by vivo101
Replied by vivo101 on topic Mnweni Marathon
My entry is in as well....I will skip the dodgy outdoor tap water this time round....There might be some ICE COLD craft beer and cold brew coffee at the finish this year if everything goes according to plan, courtesy of a friend of mine.  

"To those who are enthralled by mountains, their wonder is beyond all dispute. To those who are not, their allure is a kind of madness." - Mountain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Papa Dragon, GriffBaker

More
06 Feb 2019 12:26 #74620 by Grandeur
Replied by Grandeur on topic Mnweni Marathon
First time entry is in! 
Looking forward to it 

More
07 Mar 2019 19:37 - 07 Mar 2019 19:38 #74740 by WarrenM
Replied by WarrenM on topic Mnweni Marathon
Is anyone that has registered for Mnweni marathon maybe opted out at this stage and looking to sell their entry. There is a VE member (I won't mention the Dassie's name :)) looking for a entry as entries are closed and he only woke up now to enter. 

Let me know thanks
Last edit: 07 Mar 2019 19:38 by WarrenM. Reason: Grammer

More
11 Mar 2019 12:31 #74749 by vivo101
Hey Warren

I'm holding on to an entry for someone who might not be able to make it, due to other pending commitments. Will only have confirmation by round about 25April. He is more than welcome to have it, if no other entry is found by then. 

"To those who are enthralled by mountains, their wonder is beyond all dispute. To those who are not, their allure is a kind of madness." - Mountain
The following user(s) said Thank You: WarrenM

More
15 Mar 2019 12:19 #74801 by DavidE373
Replied by DavidE373 on topic Mnweni Marathon
The Dassie..  yes yes, I am looking for an entry if anyone is looking to let theirs go.

Fortitudine Vincimus

More
15 Mar 2019 12:33 #74802 by WarrenM

vivo101 wrote: Hey Warren

I'm holding on to an entry for someone who might not be able to make it, due to other pending commitments. Will only have confirmation by round about 25April. He is more than welcome to have it, if no other entry is found by then. 

Thanks Vivo

More
08 Apr 2019 09:27 #74882 by vivo101
@WarrenM I have that entry available if you are still interested. Mine might also be up for grabs (still contemplating) as I'm struggling with a soleus injury after a recent race.

The following user(s) said Thank You: WarrenM

More
08 Apr 2019 12:52 #74886 by WarrenM
Thanks Vivo, I believe Dave has already messaged you

More
18 Apr 2019 14:20 #74909 by vivo101
I'm still struggling with my calf strain, not going risk doing the race and miss the rest of my season. Therefore my entry is up for substitution, if there is still someone looking for an entry.

On as sidenote......I played tour-guide for a couple of friends over the weekend. Long grass is as bad as always, if not worse, just before Mnweni pass. On the upper sections of Rockeries there is a "new" path on the left (descending the pass) being used by smugglers, whole lot quicker and easier than the eroded paths on the right and middle of the grass slopes. 

More