Great Himalaya Trail (GHT) - live tracking

26 Mar 2018 20:54 - 26 Mar 2018 20:59 #73065 by swordfish
Thank you Andrew about the information on the distances.

All I can say about the rest - you are truly an impressive and examplary person!
Last edit: 26 Mar 2018 20:59 by swordfish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2018 21:16 #73066 by ASL
I second that. Well said Andrew, and thanks for some fascinating insights into the GHT!

More
27 Mar 2018 10:45 #73071 by Viking
Only a real hero has the guts to withdraw a claim!
Well done to you Andrew - you are a real champion!

“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!”

More
27 Mar 2018 10:46 #73072 by Biomech
I agree with Viking. It is a great display of true mountaineering spirit. Well done, Andrew.

More
27 Mar 2018 16:52 #73076 by Viking
With respect to the concept of being unsupported. They seemed to have a lot of different clothes and gear in the many pictures shared on social media. I even noted different backpacks and ice axes. In one photo they are looking pretty dirty and ragged, except for a very clean, very shiny down jacket each - that stood out for me.

“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!”

More
27 Mar 2018 18:25 #73077 by Richard Hunt
"FLY IN WHATEVER YOU NEED" is a slap in the face of every serious mountaineering adventurer. I am going on a 5 day hike this coming weekend and those noisy machines are only welcome if I have died or cannot walk anymore!! The greatest challenge for me is to carry on myself everything I need (including my own photography gear) Self support is the thrill and freedom of everything done in the mountains, it is the essence of personal achievement. If a helicopter fly's in your needs, rather go and run in the streets of Johannesburg and make a good job of it!

More