Tents

15 Jul 2019 04:10 #75152 by intrepid
Replied by intrepid on topic Tents
A really excellent review of modern day backpacking tents:
www.adventurealan.com/best-tents-backpacking/

Take nothing but litter, leave nothing but a cleaner Drakensberg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tonymarshall, Papa Dragon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2019 14:34 #75156 by Serious tribe
Replied by Serious tribe on topic Tents
Thanks Chris

That 800g dirigo 2 looks interesting, quite expensive when paying with Rands though.

I recently purchased this one  https://www.snugpak.com/outdoor/scorpion-2   It is a tight fit for two people, great for one and it does tend to blend in with the environment which is great for keeping a low profile.

More
17 Jul 2019 18:33 #75157 by vivo101
Replied by vivo101 on topic Tents
It's unfortunately time to put my Cadac Isotec into retirement. It has served me well in some harsh berg conditions over the years, but recently the floor has been leaking. I have tried sealing the seams to no avail, hence I'm looking for a replacement. 

Some Requirements:

* 4-Season Double wall -- Concerned with condensation at lower elevations during summer trips in the berg, as with most single wall tents.
* Lightweight -- I'm looking for something below 3kg. I know this is a tall order for 4-season double wall.
* Size -- 2 person assault style, small footprint
* Freestanding and geodesic design-- Not looking for dome tents as the footprint will be to large.
* Vestibule 

The FA Helios fits the criteria, but I'm not all that keen on our local brands, the large unsupported sidewall also has me concerned. I'm basically looking for a BD Eldorado but in double wall as I'm concerned about condensation. The BD Fitzroy, North Face Mountain 25 and Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 are to heavy, although they are bombproof. The MSR Fury 2 would have been perfect but it has been discontinued. Have looked into Vango but I'm not keen on the neutral colors offered. Hillenberg is a bit out of my budget at this stage.

I have come across the Nemo Kunai  which is exactly what I want, although I cannot find reviews on it. At the price its going for I'm not keen to take a gamble.  

I'm looking for advice on what might work for me or someone that has experience with NEMO tents?

Thanks in Advance 

"To those who are enthralled by mountains, their wonder is beyond all dispute. To those who are not, their allure is a kind of madness." - Mountain

More
17 Jul 2019 19:09 #75158 by jumbleoak
Replied by jumbleoak on topic Tents

More