Manxome Pass

29 Sep 2015 07:42 - 29 Sep 2015 07:47 #65220 by tonymarshall
Replied by tonymarshall on topic Manxome Pass
Thanks for the photos and write up Richard and elinda, I'm really pleased you guys had a great hike doing these two passes.

Congratulations are in order; two more people have reached the noteworthy milestone of doing all the official Mnweni Passes (I was along on many of the passes with them) on this hike - well done elinda and Thora. :thumbsup:
Last edit: 29 Sep 2015 07:47 by tonymarshall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elinda, Richard Hunt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2015 10:38 #65247 by ghaznavid
Replied by ghaznavid on topic Manxome Pass

tonymarshall wrote: Congratulations are in order; two more people have reached the noteworthy milestone of doing all the official Mnweni Passes (I was along on many of the passes with them) on this hike - well done elinda and Thora. :thumbsup:

Impressive work ladies! Well done Elaine and Thora!

Getting to the top is nothing, the way you do it is everything – Royal Robins
The following user(s) said Thank You: elinda

More
13 May 2019 13:04 - 13 May 2019 13:05 #75026 by vivo101
Replied by vivo101 on topic Manxome Pass
Here is some more pictures of the caves in Manxome pass from my recent trip. There are four caves in the main pass.

The biggest being approximately 300m from the pass summit has a low grade scramble to get into (nothing worse than the first scramble on the NHA into Corner). It will only sleep maximum 5 people, the floor is very slanted and sleeping space is minimal. The cave has been used before, note the stacked stone "wall". 

Approximateley 200m below the bigger cave is a overhang and below that a small cave that will fit 3 people.

The fourth cave is situated high above the overhang cave and I could not see a possible route into it without the use of ropes.

All these caves are situated on the lefthand wall while heading up the pass and above the halfway mark of the pass. The absence of flowing water anywhere nearby makes them quite difficult to use as a overnight stop, unless you want to haul a extra 2-3kg up Manxome.........

"To those who are enthralled by mountains, their wonder is beyond all dispute. To those who are not, their allure is a kind of madness." - Mountain

Please login or register to view the images attached to this post.

Last edit: 13 May 2019 13:05 by vivo101.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serious tribe, elinda, DeonS, pfoj, AdrianT, Andreas, Dave, WarrenM

More