Mnweni Marathon

03 May 2017 10:25 #71463 by Dewrance
Replied by Dewrance on topic Mnweni Marathon
Hi nicolaas,

I have just been given another entry from a mate who is not going, so yours is still up for grabs!!!

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2017 09:45 #71478 by DavidE373
Replied by DavidE373 on topic Mnweni Marathon
I also have an entry available, same story, not fit enough (and I have exams coming up..)

There's a R50 substitution fee which you'll have to cover but I don't want anything for the entry.

DM me if you're interested.

Fortitudine Vincimus

More
04 May 2017 13:00 #71480 by Rhinoandhedgehog
Replied by Rhinoandhedgehog on topic Mnweni Marathon
oooh pick me, pick me - PM Sent

More
04 May 2017 13:08 #71481 by DavidE373
Replied by DavidE373 on topic Mnweni Marathon
Only if you promise to annoy WarrenM, that would be part of my job that weekend ;)

Fortitudine Vincimus

More
04 May 2017 18:12 - 04 May 2017 18:15 #71486 by Richard Hunt
Replied by Richard Hunt on topic Mnweni Marathon
The Mnweni Marathon is only a week away. It would be nice to know how many VE people are running. If you are running please like this post....Yay to TEAM VE :hike: :thumbsup:
Last edit: 04 May 2017 18:15 by Richard Hunt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarkT, tonymarshall, Dewrance, Dillon, GriffBaker, Rhinoandhedgehog

More
04 May 2017 18:41 #71487 by Papa Dragon
Replied by Papa Dragon on topic Mnweni Marathon
Good luck to all the VE runners, cheering for you!!

More
04 May 2017 18:41 #71488 by ghaznavid
Replied by ghaznavid on topic Mnweni Marathon
Yay for team GhaznaHobbit :D

More
04 May 2017 20:47 #71489 by WarrenM
Replied by WarrenM on topic Mnweni Marathon
My wife and I will be there. Looking forward to it and to meeting all the other VE members that are also going to be there.

I'm glad I don't have to put up with that David guy that weekend anymore...... Thanks for picking up his entry Rhinoandhedgehog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Hunt

More
05 May 2017 08:33 #71492 by Macc
Replied by Macc on topic Mnweni Marathon
My wife and I will also be running.

Another development regarding the marathon - from Snow Report SA's Facebook page

"ADVANCED FORECAST (subject to change) : We would not normally put out a forecast this far in advance, but this system has been consistent for over 48 hours now, so although there is a degree of confidence with this forecast, it is likely to change over the next week. A lovely cold and wet weather system is due to arrive in the Western Cape on Thursday the 11th May and move up through the WC, through the EC, and into KZN and Lesotho by Friday, with snow still possible during the early hours of Saturday morning in the easterly regions. We believe that it is possible for snow to fall over the high ground in all the areas circled on the map at this early stage. Some areas may receive light dustings, and other areas could receive as much as 15cm of snow, with the Drakensberg regions seeming more likely to get the heavier falls at this stage. We are hoping that this system will hold course, and not peel off to the south like last few systems that have showed promise. In addition to the snow, we expect this system to bring much needed rain to many areas from the Western Cape right through into KZN. We will update again on Monday, and will know a lot more at that stage. We hope that you have a great weekend"

"The three rules of mountaineering: It’s always further, taller and harder than it looks."
The following user(s) said Thank You: WarrenM

More
05 May 2017 09:43 #71493 by Dillon
Replied by Dillon on topic Mnweni Marathon
So it looks like it might be a repeat of 2013 :eek: :laugh:

This image is hidden for guests.

"Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous."
The following user(s) said Thank You: tonymarshall

More