Featured Images of Fauna & Flora in Spring 2011

08 Jan 2012 00:56 - 08 Jan 2012 00:57 #5219 by Serious tribe
Hey Jax and Geordie. You need to enter the images into the actual gallery, otherwise we can't vote for them. Also Jax you can only choose one image per featured image period. So which is it to be?
Last edit: 08 Jan 2012 00:57 by Serious tribe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2012 19:07 #5220 by ghaznavid
Ok - I have officially changed my entry to Highmoor Flowers...

Getting to the top is nothing, the way you do it is everything – Royal Robins

More
09 Jan 2012 10:31 #5221 by SeriousTribe2
Dunno how to VOTE properly here, so hope this works:

1. Intrepid - cannabis
2. Jax - Protea
3. Dude with Klipspringers (the real ones)

More
09 Jan 2012 10:55 #5224 by Jax
Moved 'Proteas' to Gallery :)

More
09 Jan 2012 11:40 #5225 by Serious tribe
@st2 navigate to the galleries, all the way to the featured images section. Go to the image you want to vote for and you will see a set of 5 stars near the bottom. Pick the star you want to rate the image at and click. Your vote will then be counted.

More
09 Jan 2012 12:07 #5226 by Geordie
I managed to get mine into drakensberg images "Red Hot Sani Tops" but cannot get them into featured images. Perhaps yourself or Chris could intervine or enlighten me
Regards

More
09 Jan 2012 17:13 #5228 by intrepid
@Geordie: I've moved the image for you now, but so you know, if you are viewing your own image, there will be extra icons available below it which allow you to edit or unpublish it. When you click on edit, it will be become evident in the next screen where you can change the sub-gallery that the image is allocated to. You can also click on "Share a Picture" in your user menu below your profile image (currently on your right). This will present you will an overview of your own images with edit buttons. You can also reach this overview by clicking on "User Panel" while browsing the galleries.

Some great images here guys. I've appreciated the quality, colours and even humour in each one so far. @Geordie what I like about yours is that it captures some great colours with landmark peaks in the background. The focus and distance is just right so that the background is not too blurred.

@Jax: magnificent protea specimen!

@ghaznavid: no problem to submit a new image, I see you've sorted that already. I don't recall seeing those flowers before - don't have my field guides handy right now but will try look them up later.

Remember that you can rate each image, doesn't have to be just one. The rating is weighted according to how much images exist in the entire gallery, as well as how many times a particular image has been rated. This makes it more comparable where one image may get a single rating of 5, and another may get 3 votes of 4.

Take nothing but litter, leave nothing but a cleaner Drakensberg.

More
09 Jan 2012 18:27 #5233 by Beuler
How about some indication on how often and what antelopes are spotted in the berg?
We've seen 2 nice eland specimens on our last trip towards Leslie's pass. Any other sightings of eland by anyone?

More
09 Jan 2012 20:16 #5240 by ghaznavid
@Intrepid: those flowers where tiny, my camera was set to super micro and was probably about 4cm away from them, this is where a 100g 30cm flexible tripod comes in handy...

@Beuler: I saw 21 blesbok on my last trip to the berg (didn't know there where blesbok in the berg). My personal record for numbers was between 70 and 100 eland at Giants Castle in January 2011 and my record for being close to them was when 4 ran literally 3m away from me as I was about to go into Sleeping Beauty Cave at garden castle in June 2010.

Getting to the top is nothing, the way you do it is everything – Royal Robins

More
16 Jan 2012 07:24 - 16 Jan 2012 07:24 #5283 by intrepid
Submissions are closed. Red Hot Sani Tops is in the lead. I'll wrap this up in the evening, so you still have a chance to get your ratings in before then.

Take nothing but litter, leave nothing but a cleaner Drakensberg.
Last edit: 16 Jan 2012 07:24 by intrepid.

More