Drakensberg FKTs - Record of Times

07 Nov 2021 17:40 #77287 by Stijn
This past week saw another fast crossing of the DGT by Andrew King & Zoog Haynes. One of the fastest we've seen in many years actually, at 73 hours, 34 minutes! These guys had some serious gees, dubbed the attempt the Mamu Loman Concrete Club DGT Tennis Tournament, and actually played each other in a tennis match within half-an-hour of finishing at Bushman's Nek (WP beat KZN 2-1 for all the sports fans out there). They only got 2 hours of sleep on the entire traverse so took the relentless forward progress thing to the next level.

Congrats guys! - really impressive effort, and very entertaining to follow along with the Whatsapp group ;)

www.vertical-endeavour.com/forum/14-drakensberg-general/55826-drakensberg-fkts-record-of-times.html?start=20
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonWells, firephish, ghaznavid, Smurfatefrog, ASL, supertramp, GriffBaker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2021 10:11 #77293 by ghaznavid
It is really cool to see this list grow! Longest push I've done on minimal sleep was my double Giants Cup Trail in 2018, which was 36h14 and I was struggling to stay awake by the end - I can't imagine doing double that without sleep! Amazing effort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More