Who is doing or has done the Grand Traverse

07 May 2017 06:38 #71503 by Grandeur
Completed my first GT along with Rian Botes and Mark Notter ( first time for everyone actually) in roughly 6 days 2 hours between Thursday 27 April and finished 3 May 2017 (will provided exact times and track when the GPS has been downloaded onto Basecamp etc).

Met a lot of other hiking groups over the first few days in the Northern Berg. If you saw and spoke to us, thanks for the encouragement!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2017 06:40 #71504 by ghaznavid

More
07 May 2017 09:41 #71505 by Smurfatefrog

Met a lot of other hiking groups over the first few days in the Northern Berg. If you saw and spoke to us, thanks for the encouragement!

Nice one!
Nolan and I chatted to you at Ships Prow Pass as you were about to go up Champagne.
What was your lighter story, someone forgot to take one? (We chatted to the group that gave you a lighter at vultures retreat)

More
07 May 2017 10:21 #71506 by Grandeur

Nice one!
Nolan and I chatted to you at Ships Prow Pass as you were about to go up Champagne.
What was your lighter story, someone forgot to take one? (We chatted to the group that gave you a lighter at vultures retreat)

Fantastic seeing you guys. Always nice to see an encouraging face up there.

We had a "full" box of matches however it turned out most of them were used and returned to the box so we only had 6 or 7 matches left... which we felt was a bit tight with at least 7 more times we would need to use the stove. Our spare lighter got left behind in error. Turned out to be a good call to ask around as we took most of a day longer to complete than originally planned (big blisters slowing one member down).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smurfatefrog

More
08 May 2017 14:58 #71516 by GetaPix
Yes. You should not let your kids play with matches for more than one reason

More
26 Jun 2017 08:17 #71782 by ghaznavid
Anyone heading from RNNP or Witsieshoek around 12 July, heading in the PMB/Durban direction with space for 2 hikers who have just finished a S-N GT?

Also anyone heading to Bushman's Nek around 6 July with space for 2 would be helpful!

More
26 Jun 2017 08:26 - 26 Jun 2017 08:26 #71783 by Grandeur
Forgot to submit our GT GPS track to make it "official" ;)

Please login or register to view the file attached to this post.

Last edit: 26 Jun 2017 08:26 by Grandeur. Reason: Added attachment twice

More
28 Jun 2017 15:52 #71793 by Dochumie
Team Bad Medicine....Mark Human, Mbulelo Thinta and Kim van Kets are planning a midwinter "quick traverse" starting in the early hours of July 20 and aiming to finish by Sunset on July 23rd. (84 hours). Seems a wee bit crazy but it is mandatory training for the PTL end August starting in Chamonix . We may have a couple of others accompanying us... Watch this space ....

More
29 Jun 2017 09:56 #71794 by ghaznavid
Talking about yourself in the 3rd person there :P

Good luck, and remember to post your report and claim your time :thumbsup:

Myself and Hobbit are hopefully starting a GT next week. Shooting for 90h. Still haven't got logistics sorted, so anyone traveling between PMB/Durban and Bushman's/RNNP/Sentinel with space for 2, please let me know.

If successful, I will have done a S-N GT in all 4 seasons, which would be awesome.

More
29 Jun 2017 22:43 #71799 by Stijn

Completed my first GT along with Rian Botes and Mark Notter ( first time for everyone actually) in roughly 6 days 2 hours between Thursday 27 April and finished 3 May 2017 (will provided exact times and track when the GPS has been downloaded onto Basecamp etc).

Sorry, took me a while! I've updated the log: www.vertical-endeavour.com/forum/14-drakensberg-general/55826-drakensberg-fkts-record-of-times.html?start=20#65856
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grandeur

More