The upcoming hikes thread

09 Jul 2020 11:42 #75888 by Pathfinder
My husband(Supertramp) and I, and one of our siblings, are planning on doing a December GT from 6 to 16 December 2020.. We will follow the normal escarpment edge route (North to South) with slight deviations here and there. We start trekking on the 6th from Sentinel. Our plan is to finish on the 16th at Bushmans. No resupply is planned. If anyone is interested to join our group, please e-mail me at  triechalouw@gmail.com for more details. 
Happy hiking! 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2020 13:30 #75894 by Richard Hunt
(1) I am doing a photography hike at Mnweni on the7/8/9/10 Aug (long weekend) most probably up Mnweni and down Rockeries. At this stage I am going solo and would anyone like to join me.

(2) Also if the Ezemvelo side does not open by Sept my Cobham photography hike will be cancelled and I will hike at Mnweni on the 3/4/5/6/7/8 Sept, if anyone would like to join me.

Are there any of you guys hiking at Mnweni this Aug long weekend?
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
20 Jul 2020 14:17 #75895 by GetaPix
Replied by GetaPix on topic The upcoming hikes thread
Its looking like I will be hiking Mnweni area the last weekend of July. 30-to 2 August. need to get my plans in place for crossing the border...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Hunt

More
11 Aug 2020 17:33 #75922 by trailfox
Replied by trailfox on topic The upcoming hikes thread
HI Richard

Did you go on the planned hike ? Been wanting to do something similar and keen to hear you experiences

More
17 Aug 2020 16:35 #75946 by ruthtbl
Replied by ruthtbl on topic The upcoming hikes thread
Four of us are planning to do a Drakensberg Grand Traverse (north to south) from 19 to 28 September 2020. We're very relieved that inter-provincial travel has finally been allowed!

More
01 Sep 2020 10:20 #76010 by diverian
Replied by diverian on topic The upcoming hikes thread
GREAT NEWS!!

We are delighted to announce the opening of our campsites as from Friday, 04th of September 2020

As well as overnight hiking !

Please login or register to view the image attached to this post.

The following user(s) said Thank You: firephish, Andreas

More
01 Sep 2020 11:19 #76011 by Smurfatefrog

diverian wrote: GREAT NEWS!!

We are delighted to announce the opening of our campsites as from Friday, 04th of September 2020

As well as overnight hiking !

Everywhere except Didima
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andreas

More
10 Sep 2020 16:29 - 10 Sep 2020 16:37 #76047 by Chud
Replied by Chud on topic The upcoming hikes thread
Good Afternoon

I have the same issue for the upcoming September long weekend. Is there any chance I could join you dependent on the severity of route? Was planning to go solo but the wife remains unhappy.

Regards
Richard Davies
Last edit: 10 Sep 2020 16:37 by Chud. Reason: Pressed enter too quickly. Only deleting contact email addresses and telephone numbers.

More
16 Sep 2020 15:24 #76077 by S3chaba
Replied by S3chaba on topic The upcoming hikes thread
Hi there, sounds very interesting, I've just mailed you.

More
21 Sep 2020 11:29 #76102 by vivo101
Replied by vivo101 on topic The upcoming hikes thread
Where is everyone headed over the long weekend? I'm trying to determine how congested the open areas will be, given the lack of campsites in areas such as Mwneni...

"To those who are enthralled by mountains, their wonder is beyond all dispute. To those who are not, their allure is a kind of madness." - Mountain

More