The upcoming hikes thread

21 Sep 2020 16:14 - 21 Sep 2020 16:14 #76105 by Serious tribe
No plans for this long weekend. If anyone is going up Fangs Pass this September long weekend though, I would welcome some info on water and burn situation . Some pics looking up the pass from about 500m before the Fangs/Mbundini junction would be useful. Thanks a stack and all hiking this weekend be safe and have a great time.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2020 16:14 by Serious tribe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2020 19:07 - 21 Sep 2020 19:08 #76107 by supertramp

Where is everyone headed over the long weekend? I'm trying to determine how congested the open areas will be, given the lack of campsites in areas such as Mwneni...

Hi vivo101,

We are a group of 4 that will be hiking in the Mnweni area.

Day 1 - MCC to Cycad Cave (tenting next to river)
Day 2 - Up Ifidi to Fangs Cave
Day 3 - Camp in saddle between North and South Peak
Day 4 - Down Nguza pass back to MCC

Enjoy your hike!!!
Last edit: 21 Sep 2020 19:08 by supertramp.

More
21 Sep 2020 21:13 #76110 by GetaPix
Replied by GetaPix on topic The upcoming hikes thread
Hiking from Mnweni Thursday 24th - Up Ntonjelana and across over to Cathedral. Group will dictate how far we get but ideally down camel on Sunday. Have 4 youngsters in our group and wish for them to see as much as they can..but still keep it fun for them.

More
22 Sep 2020 09:11 #76111 by Nicolaas
Replied by Nicolaas on topic The upcoming hikes thread
Family and I will do the Mnweni/Rockeries loop. Hopefully we find open caves, else we'll have to tent all 3 nights
Regards
Nicolaas

More
22 Sep 2020 10:56 #76112 by leeuw
Replied by leeuw on topic The upcoming hikes thread
Hi

Doing the standard Bannerman Langies loop. Phoned today and Bannerman Hut is also fully booked, so GC might be busy. We will be tenting both nights.

Have a good weekend all.

More
22 Sep 2020 11:50 #76114 by vivo101
Replied by vivo101 on topic The upcoming hikes thread
Plan was to do a Cathedral-Monks Cowl Traverse, but Didima can't seem to make up their minds about us leaving a car at the hiking parking.

Will be doing a Corner -- Giants Castle loop over 4 days

Happy Hiking :hike:

"To those who are enthralled by mountains, their wonder is beyond all dispute. To those who are not, their allure is a kind of madness." - Mountain

More
22 Sep 2020 14:32 #76115 by Andreas
Replied by Andreas on topic The upcoming hikes thread
We were also really hoping to do a nice hike in Cathedral Peak area, that included Bell Traverse, Twins cave and Roland's cave, but have the same problem. When phoning both Didima and CPH don't want us to park for overnight hiking. It's just silly. If anyone has an update by this Wednesday afternoon, please let us know.

I suppose there is a strong chance we'll be doing a classic Mweni - Rockeries loop over 4 days and also hoping for caves and taking tents for in case.

More
22 Sep 2020 15:15 #76116 by vivo101
@Andreas I spoke to Didima reception about 2 weeks ago, they had no problem leaving the car at the hikers parking. Spoke to them this morning and suddenly its a problem, therefore I opted to not take the chance.

Was hoping to do Mnweni, but Chi Chi bush camp is only so big, and I'm not going to attempt a one day ascent with the B-team :whistle:

"To those who are enthralled by mountains, their wonder is beyond all dispute. To those who are not, their allure is a kind of madness." - Mountain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andreas

More
26 Mar 2021 12:49 #76647 by vivo101
I'm looking for a lift down over easter weekend to the berg from Gauteng, willing to hold onto the roof if need be 

This image is hidden for guests.

. Will just be myself and a small fastpack....

I'm flexible as to what area and time period and will be missioning on my own. Willing to contribute to costs.

TIA
Cheers

More
28 Mar 2021 08:51 - 28 Mar 2021 19:12 #76649 by Richard Hunt
Hello Guys. I am doing this long weekend a 4 day loop hike in the Monks Cowl...Eastmans Ridge contour path... Didima...Vaalribokkkop area. If anyone wants to join , you are most welcome. An easy hike of 17km+10km+16km+19km. Whatsup me on 0827203080.
Last edit: 28 Mar 2021 19:12 by Richard Hunt.

More