Who is doing or has done the Grand Traverse

06 Feb 2020 15:21 #75678 by Coversall
Wow stunning shots above! I'm in the early stages of planning a DGT this year. So just saying hello. No plans set in stone at the moment. Would ideally hike this side of winter.

Will be coming over from the UK. I have a fair bit of hiking experience, I've hiked a good bit abroad and have completed a number of routes that involve off trail travel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2021 10:06 #77024 by advocate_gerrie_nel
Hi all

I am considering to do the DGT in 2022. Am looking at various options, incl. guided and unguided, supported and unsupported, small group vs big group, etc. I have two friends in KZN that are guides and could help with guiding, logistics and resupply, but that comes at a cost. 

My question is this: is anyone aware whether the MCSA still does the DGT regularly, and whom to contact for such information? I imagine it would be sections in KZN or Gauteng? If there is an MCSA group planning the DGT for 2022, it might be an option to tag along. I am an MCSA member, qualified guide, first responder, etc. Based in the Western Cape.

Thank you

More
07 Jul 2021 19:33 - 07 Jul 2021 19:34 #77026 by grae22
Hi Gerrie

The MCSA KZN section doesn't organise DGTs, we certainly have members who do them - I imagine you may well get in touch with them on this site.

The Mountain Backpackers Club is quite active in organising DGTs, though, I believe - maybe get in touch with them (www.mountainbackpackers.co.za/).
Last edit: 07 Jul 2021 19:34 by grae22.

More